ISSIB 2019 organizing committee invites all interested individuals to submit abstracts for a poster or oral presentation. The abstract submission is now open.
Abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee. Notification of acceptance will be sent to the Presenter’s e-mail address. Scientific Committee’s decisions will be based upon evaluation of its scientific standard. The scientific committee reserves the right to assign each accepted abstract into the most appropriate form of presentation. After selection, all presenting authors will be provided with full information regarding PowerPoint preparation, poster size, style and layout, as required.
Topics available during ISSIB2019 abstract submission
Health and environments are the major problems confronted in the 21st century. Efforts have been extensively done for the development of biomaterials to improve quality and longevity of human life. Biomaterials replace the parts of living systems or function in an intimate contact with living tissue. The successful application of biomaterials involves the interaction at the interface between the host and implants. Varieties of surface properties affect this complex interaction, such as surface chemistry, charge, energy and topography. The surface and interface issue is also critical in a recent biomedical revolution, such as modulation of stem cells, nano biomedical devices, drug delivery systems (DDSs) for anti-cancer drugs and gene.
The symposium intends to gather and discuss the most recent development in surface and interface issue of biomaterials, and provide a platform for scientists to promote multidisciplinary research and international and inter-institutional collaborations. The symposium covers all aspects of the interface between the materials and biological system, from the fundamental science to clinical applications such as the synthesis, characterization, testing, modeling, assessment, applications and other pertinent aspects. Research accomplishments in all the aspects of surface and interface of biomaterials and their related topics are welcome, including but not limiting to
Micro/nano structure and expression of macroscopic properties
3D Printing, additive manufacturing and surfaces for health and medical devices
Nano biomedicine and drug release
Biocompatible, bioactive, antibacterial and multifunctional coatings
Biomolecules grafting and immobilization
Plasma-based systems for surface and interface fabrication
Surface patterning and micro/nano-fabrication
Surface and interface analysis and characterization
Cell- biomaterial surface interaction
Blood/ Tissue -implant interface interaction
Modeling and computer simulation for biomaterial surfaces and interfaces
Any other topics in direct or direct relation with surfaces and interfaces
Abstract submission guidelines
- Authors will be notified of the abstract acceptance/rejection no later than April 20, 2019. If you required a visa, please submit as soon as possible and indicate it in the comment box we guarantee a short review.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English with a quality of spelling and grammar suitable for publication.
- Each abstract should be a maximum of one pages, letter format, including figures and exactly conform to the format of the template provided.
- Use the editable template by clicking on the section you would like to fill in and start your typing or overwriting. This ensures that all your data is in the correct format. Please do not remove the format outlined in the template; abstracts that are different from the format will be returned to authors for revision. If you would like to insert a graphic, insert it in the text box provided, with an appropriate figure caption. Be sure to underline the presenting author.
- Oral: Oral presentations will be 20 minutes including 5 minutes for questions. Spaces are limited. Those who are not successful in securing an oral presentation may be offered to present their abstract in a poster format.
- Poster: Presenters will be asked to be available to answer questions during a dedicated poster viewing time.
- Each delegate can make a maximum of two presentations and each student delegate can present one paper only. The presenting (underlined) author must be registered for the meeting in order for the abstract to be accepted and be available to give the oral presentation or to present the poster.
Before you begin the submission process, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact information:
- Full given name and family name
- Main affiliation details: institution, address, city, province/state, country, post/zip code
- E-mail address
- Phone number where you can easily be reached
- Co-authors' information:
- Full given name and family name
- Main affiliation
- E-mail address
- A PDF copy of your abstract which you will be required to upload during the submission process.
You will receive an automated email with your submission summary, your abstract number, a unique access code and the link that will enable you to access your file and author entry forms at any time before the deadline. The Secretariat will process your request and send you an official confirmation email when your submission is validated. If you have not received a confirmation in the following 5 days, please contact us.